Runecats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with tabbed browsing -SOLVED-

2 posters

Go down

Problem with tabbed browsing -SOLVED- Empty Problem with tabbed browsing -SOLVED-

Post by elijah Mon Jun 06 2011, 09:28

I really like the simplicity of your browser and in times to come, I might like it even more.

However, there is a little glitch with tabbed browsing, which I don't understand, but any website I try to access within the second tab is unreachable whereas every other tab works just fine.

It doesn't matter if the tab is new via CMD+T or moved up by closing the previously second tab, so that the third tab becomes the second tab and so on ... no second tab works for me.

Also the tab bar does not properly refreshes after moving a tab, making it impossible to move more than one tab per session (the moved tab title stays floating atop the other tabs).

Curiously current tab (3) beneath the moved tab (3 -> 2 which doesn't work) is unable to process html as well now, but the fourth tab works...

Intel, Leopard 10.5.8, latest Roccat update
elijah
elijah

Number of posts : 6
Runecats Reputation : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Problem with tabbed browsing -SOLVED- Empty Re: Problem with tabbed browsing -SOLVED-

Post by Support Mon Jun 06 2011, 09:46

That's an interesting one, nothing like this has been reported before. I have never seen this happen either.

We will look into this for you.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

Problem with tabbed browsing -SOLVED- Empty Re: Problem with tabbed browsing -SOLVED-

Post by Support Mon Jun 06 2011, 18:25

We are struggling to reproduce this error

(Unfortunately our leopard testing computer has been sent for repair, so we only have snow leopard and lion to work with right now).

Would you mind stating your spec (ram and cpu speed) do help us recreate the issues you are having when our leopard testing mac comes back.

Thanks,
Nathan
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elijah Tue Jun 07 2011, 04:33

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

As you are - I am trying to reproduce this error, but so far without luck.

After a good nights sleep (without rebooting) tabbed browsing seems to work more or less - however now there is another glitch. As I can't disable the option "restore windows and tabs from last session" Roccot behaves rather odd. After closing the application and restarting, it always adds one tab in addition to the numbers of tabs open at the time of shutdown:
- if none were open -> one tab
- if one was open -> two tabs and so on...
elijah
elijah

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Tue Jun 07 2011, 05:03

If you go to general preferences and change the setting "Open new windows with" to empty page, this will prevent this from happening.

Thanks,
Nathan
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elijah Wed Jun 08 2011, 17:21

It happened again - but I was unable to find a feature that retraces steps taken within on application instance to the very moment of the bug. Is there a debugging option hidden somewhere. As it was, I closed all windows at that point and reopened a new window, only to find the second problem mentioned above, i.e. the tab bar didn't work properly. Tabs did not show up as tabs, but were hidden behind a nonexistent tab bar. Closing the tabs via CMD+W worked, but to browse properly, i had to restart the application.
elijah
elijah

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Wed Jun 08 2011, 18:17

Hmm I have just managed to create a similar bug (the 3rd tab ad eveything works) however the tab reordering refresh doesn't appear to be functioning correctly.

It appears to be only on New Windows, I will try and find out whats causing it.

Thanks,
Nathan

EDIT: Tried to do the exact same thing again, this time no bug... This is going to be exciting to fix!
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down