Runecats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning on shutting down Runesearch

5 posters

Go down

Planning on shutting down Runesearch Empty Planning on shutting down Runesearch

Post by Support Thu Apr 01 2010, 19:55

Runecats are currently discussing removing Runesearch as a service from Runecats, we are still planning on keeping Runesearch:Eco at the moment however.

Runesearch:Eco is currently Google based, and this is something which we aim to change, we feel that google is now "old fashioned" as well as the obvious factor of "too dominant".

We do have plans for where we want searching environments to go and we may result in partnering rather than creating our own search engine, improvements to internet searching is crucial to the future of Runecats browsers (or Runecats half owned browsers) as well as the our company in general.

We will keep you posted to how this advances.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

Planning on shutting down Runesearch Empty Re: Planning on shutting down Runesearch

Post by Hellblade Thu Apr 01 2010, 20:02

lol, at first I thought the topic said "Shutting down Runecats" and I was thinking "hmm, is this some kind of late April fools joke" xD

As with being with Google, well, the only thing about Google I like is their search. For school we use Google Apps but it doesn't really work all that well, in any web browser..(Gecko works the best for it Wink )

I agree that they are "too dominant"
Hellblade
Hellblade

Number of posts : 1485
Runecats Reputation : 1
Male Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://www.aliencreationstudios.net23.net

Back to top Go down

Planning on shutting down Runesearch Empty Re: Planning on shutting down Runesearch

Post by Support Thu Apr 01 2010, 20:09

I was actually planning on saying I was planning on shutting down Runecats as an april fools but then i thought it may not go down well with time zone differences.

We are planning on "cutting out" Google, plus they have already taken over our market share with browsers, we were hear first!

Anyhow as you know the future of Runecats browsers will be great Smile
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sam Thu Apr 01 2010, 20:10

I am all for getting rid of google, thez steal your data to use for advertising Sad
sam
sam
Runecats Explorer Admirer
Runecats Explorer Admirer

Number of posts : 229
Runecats Explorer Version : Zeox (1.6)
Runecats Reputation : 6
Male Age : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Apr 02 2010, 06:47

I was wondering why the runesearch wasn't working (I can get the listings but can't click on any!!) I love the idea of Runesearch eco though and hope you do manage to find a good alternative to Google (Google has become somewhat ubiquitous nowadays - I've tried their Chrome browser and found it ok, apart from the odd freezing episode, but it was pretty boring! Planning on shutting down Runesearch Icon_mad It's become a bit like the "McDonalds" of the internet really. Planning on shutting down Runesearch Icon_lol )
Lara
Lara

Number of posts : 25
Runecats Explorer Version : Velo, REV1.7
Runecats Reputation : 1
Female Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Fri Apr 02 2010, 08:55

Agreed, I know Google where like the 3rd ever search engine however search engines haven't really changed that much in 10 years, sure they can predict sentences etc.. but is that really 10 years of work?

We are in discussion with a search engine provider which I think is pretty neat, it's much less boring that google and loads fast too. There are a few things which they would need to change in order for it to become the default search engine that we use. I have been talking to the CEO of the company and he says it shouldn't be a problem to make those changes.

However it isn't set in stone so I am not not liable to discuss it further at this time. The last beta of 1.7 is being held back until we get the default search engine things sorted out. The default search engine will replace runesearch's navigate launcher of n;r we may also give it the launcher n;d which will stand for default.

The 5 default search engines on EaseAccess will be "The default search engine, Runesearch Eco, Cuil, Ask Jeeves and Bing.

The search drawer will search in the default search engine Google will still be searchable from GlobalSearch however and google will still have a navigate launcher of n;g so we got not completely cutting them out.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tyran12 Fri Dec 31 2010, 19:15

You not killing runesearches after all as it's default in search drawer in 1.7 and not google?

also Cuil on easeaccess 5 is dead, cuil shut downs!!
tyran12
tyran12
Runecats Enthusiast
Runecats Enthusiast

Number of posts : 166
Runecats Explorer Version : Velo (1.5)
Runecats Reputation : 0
Male Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down