Runecats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Off Topic] OS X 10.8: first impressions?

2 posters

Go down

[Off Topic] OS X 10.8: first impressions? Empty [Off Topic] OS X 10.8: first impressions?

Post by JerMu Fri Feb 17 2012, 08:06

What do you guys think of yesterday’s announcement about OS X 10.8? iOS and Mac OS X are getting closer and closer!
JerMu
JerMu

Number of posts : 74
Roccat Version : 3.6
Runecats Reputation : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

[Off Topic] OS X 10.8: first impressions? Empty Re: [Off Topic] OS X 10.8: first impressions?

Post by Support Fri Feb 17 2012, 08:10

Some of our team like it others are not sure, I myself am not too sure of it, I will spend a bit more time playing with it first.

We are working on the developer signing of Roccat at the moment for Moutain Lion.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

[Off Topic] OS X 10.8: first impressions? Empty Re: [Off Topic] OS X 10.8: first impressions?

Post by Support Fri Feb 17 2012, 13:41

Well on the whole - iMessage is welcome, even allows you to activate FaceTime from it - FullScreen FaceTime appears to be broken at the moment though.

Notes seems semi pointless with TextEdit but whatever - reminders could be useful I will probably never use it - plus it doesn't look so great in fullscreen.

Launchpad search - hurray!!!

64bit iTunes - hurray!!!

Fixed the 3 finger up gesture - hurray!!!

Game center - well unlikely that I will ever use it but I am sure other people will.

Notifications not so useful right now but once other apps start to utilise it I think it will be amazing.

Gatekeeper - I understand trying to keep the mac safe but to be fair it is already very secure, I will be interested to see what the shipped settings will be - so far the others are run any apps (apparently unsafe) run signed apps and mac app store apps or just mac app store apps.

Roccat will be signed so it will be able to run under the two settings but not mac app store obviously. Not too keen on this option unless it comes preset at allow any option and then the user has the choice to make it more "secure". If they set it to mac app store only by default I won't be happy.

Although there doesn't appear to be any cosmetic changes it's still managed to change Roccat's appearance and made it fugly (hours of work for me.. yay!)

I still won't hold an opinion until I have used it a bit more Smile
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Fri May 18 2012, 18:32

Moved : General Chat.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down