Runecats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED-

2 posters

Go down

Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- Empty Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED-

Post by marty8000 Wed Sep 25 2013, 14:12

Hello Roccat-Team!

First of all thanks a lot for this great browser and of course making it Universal Binary so that I can use it on my PPC Mac as well! Just discovered it yesterday and fell immediately in love with it. Never had a faster browser!

Nethertheless some nasty bugs are occuring on the PPC-side which are well-working on my other Intel-Mac (running OS X 10.7.5) and I wanted to report them (BTW I'm using Roccat 3.8 on both systems):

1.) The download manager "white-outs" any finished download - see this screenshot:

Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- Download-Manager

2.) The Facebook-Status option is completely unusable. It's impossible to use the log-in form as I can't click in it at all and there's also a problem with the window-size as i can't even see the close button nor am i able to scroll there. I even needed to force-exit the browser as i couldn't get rid of the window. I'm using a screen resolution of 1024x768 on a 12" G4 PowerBook, which is the maximum resolution on this device if this is any help. Screenshot here:

Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- Facebook-status

The same happens with the Roccat Flick option and the URL shortener. Close Buttons are not visible due to the window-size. Nevertheless the URL shortener is working and i can close it by clicking in the window which is not the case with the Facebook Status and the Roccat Flick option.

Could it be that this is a webkit-issue? Tried it with the Apple standard webkit as well as relinking it to leopard-webkit but i haven't noticed any difference at all.

I hope these bugs are fixable as I'm deeply impressed by this browser! Thanks a lot for all your efforts and still supporting PPC architecture which is by far not a standard in 2013!
marty8000
marty8000

Number of posts : 6
Roccat Version : 3.9
Runecats Reputation : 1
Male Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down

Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- Empty Re: Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED-

Post by Support Wed Sep 25 2013, 15:48

Strange bugs indeed, a lot of things appear to me hiding which is odd.
Could you send screenshots of Flick and RClouds as well so we can see what's going on.

Below is what everything should look like - interestingly the Facebook logo is missing, the close button is missing, the words on the download manager are missing but so are the alternating white/gray rows.

Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- RxMqmz8
Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- AvrRowj
Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- PoWI15m
Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- GOeiZqN

Could you also add a few bookmarks and then go to Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager and send a screenshot of that too.

One other thing can you quit Roccat and then go to System Preferences > Language & Text and change the language to English and reopen (I just want to make sure it's a universal problem or just a problem with Roccat on the german language).

Thanks for informing us of the problems.

Kindest Regards,
Thomas Langley (Runecats Support)
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED- Empty Re: Bug Report: Roccat on G4 w/ Mac OS X 10.5.8 -SOLVED-

Post by marty8000 Thu Sep 26 2013, 07:00

Hey Thomas!

Thanks for the quick reply. I've changed the system language to English and here are more screenshots: