Runecats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates.

2 posters

Go down

RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates. Empty RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates.

Post by Support Sat Oct 24 2009, 15:34

RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2 are due to be released on Halloween day.

The new versions refine brilliance.
They include:
- bug fixes
- new features
- easier user interfaces
- new technologies (e.g CloseBar)

Just one week to go!
A lot of people seem to be excited about RCDM more than the others. I have had lots of emails from people to ask when it is out so I have decided to mention it on here.

The Runecats Facebook will be officially open to the public on Halloween to, It will have links to the facebook on every page (except the intro page).

There will also be a few other updates to such as the report bug page...

Keep tuned and have a Runetasic Halloween!

Kind Regards,
Nathan
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates. Empty Re: RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates.

Post by Lara Thu Apr 22 2010, 05:05

I've just downloaded RCDM and am trying to work out how to use it - how do I put files into the different menu sections? My desktop is often cluttered and I wanted to store all the shortcuts to various types of files in there, but can't work out how to do it! I'm probably missing something really obvious here aren't I!! RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates. Icon_rolleyes RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates. Icon_lol
Lara
Lara

Number of posts : 25
Runecats Explorer Version : Velo, REV1.7
Runecats Reputation : 1
Female Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates. Empty Re: RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates.

Post by Support Fri Apr 23 2010, 13:03

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_desktop

I think you have misunderstood the program, a virtual desktop application such as RCDM, is an application which helps organise your programs (the ones you are working with not shortcuts) so in reality you are organising your task bar. Thats whats meant by the term virtual desktop or desktop manager.

I hope this makes it clearer for you?
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Apr 23 2010, 13:30

Oh I see! (I knew there'd be something obvious I'd be missing LOL!) So, how do I get the programs into it so I can use it as a taskbar?
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Sat Apr 24 2010, 15:06

Move onto a second desktop by clicking on Runecats Desktop 2 for example (you can rename this)

Your taskbar should then be empty except RCDM itself (and RE if you are using it)
simply open programs while on the 2nd desktop.

When you go back to the main desktop the applications you just opened will no longer be visible and the applications which were there originally will appear again.

Let me know if that made sense.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Apr 24 2010, 15:52

Ok, here's what I've tried - the RCDM icon is in my taskbar, I right click it and the numbered list of desktops pops up (ie Main desktop 1, desktop 2, and so on). I've tried clicking and double clicking on the second desktop on the list as you suggested but nothing happens. If I double click the icon in the taskbar the little RCDM oblong box pops up into the centre of the screen and if I click on menu the list of desktops drops down and clicking one allows me to rename it. I can't seem to get it to do anything else LOL! RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates. Icon_lol
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Sun Apr 25 2010, 13:48

Ok just as a test open up a few programs for example notepad and paint.
(you will see these in the taskbar)

go onto another desktop

these applications should no longer be in your task bar.

go back to your main desktop these should appear again.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Apr 25 2010, 14:57

Oh I seeee it works LOL! RuneText2, RuneWeb2 and RCDM2- plus Halloween Updates. Icon_biggrin It certainly keeps everything tidy if you have a lot of stuff open anyway - I do sometimes if I'm browsing and making notes etc at the same time. Thanks (again!) for your help Nathan!
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Sun Apr 25 2010, 17:17

It's designed for people who tend to have lots of things open.

For example I have graphic designing applications(usually at least 2) each with several projects, programming applications, iTunes, RuneText with notes, RE for web browsing and it goes on.

It's good for separating work and personal applications as well, you can quickly access other desktops using ctrl and the number of the desktop.

for example ctrl + 2 for the second desktop.

I generally use 3 desktops but I know people who use 8, most people I know use it as they are quite heavy computer users.

I am also sure it will help people with OCD!
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down