Runecats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flaws in the German localisation -SOLVED-

2 posters

Go down

flaws in the German localisation -SOLVED- Empty flaws in the German localisation -SOLVED-

Post by Bodo Sun Jul 24 2011, 20:08

It is nice, that there is a German localisation. But there are quite a few flaws and mistakes. Sometimes it just looks very clumsy. Sometime it sounds like google translation. Sometimes English and German words are mixed together.

just as an info
Bodo
Bodo

Number of posts : 14
Runecats Reputation : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

flaws in the German localisation -SOLVED- Empty Re: flaws in the German localisation -SOLVED-

Post by Support Mon Jul 25 2011, 05:01

We'll we actually got Germans to do the translations for us, would you mind listing the errors?
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

flaws in the German localisation -SOLVED- Empty Re: flaws in the German localisation -SOLVED-

Post by Bodo Mon Jul 25 2011, 11:28

I will do this. The easiest way to do this, would be a kind of a list of all the menu entrances. Maybe the Germans you contacted, overlooked something.

Roccat -> Prüfen Cinnamon nach Updates should be replaced by Cinnamon auf Updates überprüfen

-> Verbergen Roccat should be replaced by Roccat Ausblenden

-> Verbergen Andere should be replaced by Andere Ausblenden

-> Zeige Alle should be replaced by Alle Einblenden

For the moment the following: Ablage ->"Öffne den Letzten" and "Öffne Stelle", I have only a vague idea what could be meant

Bearbeiten -> Eingeben should be replaced by Eingabe

-> Schnitt should be replaced by Auschneiden

-> Kopie should be replaced by Kopieren

-> Paste should be replaced by Einfügen

-> Markieren Alle should be replaced by Alles Markieren

in the download manager window in the lower bar Klar should be replaced by Löschen or Entfernen

Right click on a Link

Open Link in New Tab should be replaced by Link in neuem Tab öffnen

Download Linked File as should be replaced by Verknüpfte Datei sichern unter

Lesezeichen (Bookmarks) -> Klar Importierten Lesezeichen should be replaced by Importierte Lesezeichen löschen or Importierte Lesezeichen entfernen

In the Menu bar Sozial is not real German, the links are ok At the moment I don't come to a good translation, because this kind internet activity is too far from me.

What is menusearch?

You used Klar for clear. But using the German equivalent goes either in the direction of cleaning a window or surface or explaining like throwing a light into something.

Bodo
Bodo
Bodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Mon Jul 25 2011, 14:54

Ok we will start work amending that, I would imagine it will be out on our next update cycle which should be August the 3rd.

MenuSearch is just a Runecats branded feature this doesn't need to change name form country to country. Just a feature used to search the menus for something, great for searching your history too!

Ablage ->"Öffne den Letzten" and "Öffne Stelle"

The above is open recent and open location how would these translate?
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodo Mon Jul 25 2011, 19:17

I guess with location you mean a web site or link. Then it should be URL öffnen or Adresse öffnen. Stelle means a geographical spot or a samall part of an image, text or music.

If recent means last visited sites or links it should be Zuletzt geöffnete Seiten or Zuletzt geöffnete Links.

Bodo
Bodo
Bodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Tue Jul 26 2011, 02:51

I'm not sure if that's the correct translation as it's nothing to do with URL's

The open feature allows you to open a file for example shoppinglist.txt or myportfolio.html, the open recent feature shows you the recently opened files.

Open Location... just take you to the address bar and highlights the current URL so you can delete it easily. So this could be correct translation?

Thanks,
Nathan
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodo Tue Jul 26 2011, 19:33

Nathan wrote:I'm not sure if that's the correct translation as it's nothing to do with URL's

The open feature allows you to open a file for example shoppinglist.txt or myportfolio.html, the open recent feature shows you the recently opened files.

Then it should be Datei öffnen and Benutzte Dateien öffnen

An alternative for Datei/Dateien could be Dokument/Dokumente

Open Location... just take you to the address bar and highlights the current URL so you can delete it easily. So this could be correct translation?

Still I think the most appropriate entrance is URL öffnen. The following action explains itself

Thanks,
Nathan
Bodo
Bodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Wed Jul 27 2011, 10:06

Ok this will all be fixed in our next release cycle.

What do you suggest for sozial change it to social?
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodo Wed Jul 27 2011, 13:54

I would suggest Social Media. It has become a known phrase. Or, if you want to keep it strictly German Soziale Medien

regards
Bodo
Bodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodo Tue Aug 02 2011, 10:40

Just an addition. I discovered a lot of translation flaws in the Preferences an in some messages. I am just passing by. No time at the moment to give a real translation.
Bodo
Bodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Tue Aug 02 2011, 11:56

Do you mean the fact that the preference names and general preferences are in English, as currently there is nothing we can do about that.

Or is there errors in the actual german in the preferences?
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodo Tue Aug 02 2011, 19:42

There are some mixtures of German and English an at least some flaws/mistakes in the actual German. I didn't look into all preferences. As I mentioned, just passing by.
Bodo
Bodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodo Wed Aug 03 2011, 11:58

Dear Nathan,

nice to see, that my suggestions found it's way into the update Still I discovered quite a lot of flaws and mistakes again. I am wondering about the Germans, you or the developers contacted for the initial localisation. My suggestion would be, send me all the entries and messages as a list or show me how to extract them from the app. Then I could go through in one effort

Bythe way, the bug with the opening page is still there.

best
Bodo
Bodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Wed Aug 03 2011, 13:30

I am aware the bug is still there, we get 1000's of emails and we are working through everything as fast as we can!

Here is the document i sent the other person http://www.Runecats.com/TranslationRoccat.xls

It's odd that a native speaking German could get it wrong, especially as he was great at speaking English too, so it's not like he didn't understand the english sentences.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodo Wed Aug 03 2011, 16:38

thanks
Bodo
Bodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Wed Aug 03 2011, 16:40

No probs, and thanks to you too Smile
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down