Runecats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help/Support

3 posters

Go down

Help/Support Empty Help/Support

Post by Support Thu Apr 17 2008, 17:38

if anyone needs help or has a problem with any Runecats Software please send it in here Smile

We Will Be Happy To Help!
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

Help/Support Empty Re: Help/Support

Post by Lara Tue Mar 30 2010, 16:51

Hi - I'm finding that the eco runesearch side popout in explorer pro causes my page to freeze and I have to press alt, ctrl, del a few times to "unstick" it and close the browser. I've tried pro on my mother's computer (which is bigger and faster) and it works fine. Is it my virtual memory maybe? (I have 500mb of RAM on my laptop) The side popout in the older explorer zeox works fine, but I miss the global search functions etc in pro! I mean I can live without the side popout in pro (lord knows it has plenty of search capability anyway!) but it could be handy to have that extra page up sometimes.

Another thing I was wondering about was if it is possible somehow to access a history track of pages visited in pro so I can click back onto then quickly. The scroll function on my mother's mouse allowed me to access a list from the address bar, but I'm not sure how to do this on my laptop - the arrow keys don't seem to hav the same effect. I'd be grateful for any help or advice to make the most of pro as I'm very fond of it! Help/Support Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Lara on Tue Mar 30 2010, 16:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit out!)
Lara
Lara

Number of posts : 25
Runecats Explorer Version : Velo, REV1.7
Runecats Reputation : 1
Female Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Tue Mar 30 2010, 16:58

Ram shouldn't be an issue as RE is meant to runs smoothly from 258mb of ram, EaseAccess (which I assume is what you mean by the slide popout) uses a lot less ram then before so we shall soon see when REV1.7 comes out. If the problem persists after 1.7 then I will look into it further, but this problem should be solved in the next version as EaseAccess has been recoded (Although it may not look much different should run smoother).

As for the history track simply click on the address bar and press the down arrow on your keyboard.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Mar 30 2010, 17:13

Well I'm looking forward to 1.7 even more now! (EaseAccess is exactly what I mean by "side popout" btw! Sorry I couldn't think of the proper term! Help/Support Icon_lol )

Thanks for the help Nathan, I'll try the address bar/down arrow method for the history track! Help/Support Icon_biggrin
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Tue Mar 30 2010, 17:17

Glad I can help Smile

The only remaining known bugs are only xp based which is quite annoying but we should have these solved soon I hope!
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:21

Another thing I was wondering is how to get my realplayer download add-on to work in rezpro (I wanted to download a youtube video) - it works in IE, and the settings appear the same if I click on "internet options" in rezpro (I checked in "manage add-ons" to see if the realplayer add-on was enabled). Will 1.7 support the realplayer add-on, or is there something I can do to get it to work in rezpro?

I have the recommended Free Download Manager add-on too, but it doesn't seem to enable dowloading on Youtube, unless there's something I'm not doing right. (Or maybe we're not supposed to download from youtube? Help/Support Icon_eek Help/Support Icon_lol )
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:22

Oh the click address bar/down arrow key worked for the browsing history btw - thanks again for the tip!
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:27

I have never used realplayer before but I will look into it to see if I can get it to work.

This is a good site for downloading youtube videos: http://zamzar.co.uk/url/

Simply put the youtube url in the first box and you can choose to convert it to whatever format you like, mp3 for just sound or mp4, avi etc... for movie. It's good and free.

I don't know if this helps?
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Mar 30 2010, 19:04

Oh thanks for the link Nathan - yes that does help a lot!! It means I can convert them and send them to my email. I'll try it!
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Apr 20 2010, 22:27

Just a note to say that my Ease access works fine now since I downloaded IE8 - my laptop only had IE6 before so I wonder if that is anything to do with it?
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Wed Apr 21 2010, 12:42

It shouldn't have anything to do with it, however maybe it updated some system files after installing which may have fixed the problem.

Never the less I am glad it is fixed, one less thing you have to 'wait' for.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Apr 21 2010, 19:18

Yes, my system seems to have updated a lot of files recently (also since I installed the .NET programme as well), so my Rezpro is working a lot more smoothly now! I find now that if I use another browser (such as IE8), I really miss all the features of rezpro, esp. the global search, mini-window, runetext etc!
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellblade Thu Apr 22 2010, 04:57

Nathan wrote:It shouldn't have anything to do with it, however maybe it updated some system files after installing which may have fixed the problem.
But RE doesn't install a seperate mshtml.dll (the "main" kind of Trident file), so it would use the default mshtml.dll, IE6 has mshtml.dll verstion 6, while IE8 has version 9, so when Lara upgraded IE, Runecats would use the updated Trident layout engine...I presume Razz
Hellblade
Hellblade

Number of posts : 1485
Male Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://www.aliencreationstudios.net23.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Thu Apr 22 2010, 12:07

To Hellblade:

Well it uses the updated dll however it uses various parts of old engines which are still on the system which I feel is more efficient.

However updating that dll will have no affect on how the EaseAccess operates, and RE is tested on various machines with XP and previous OS's to ensure everything works perfectly. I can only think that the new IE9 installed new system files which allows her PC to run IE9 smoothly which could have affected EaseAccess's performance.

To Lara:

I am glad you like RE, we do try and implement useful features which will help day to day browsing, unlike some browsers which implement 'useless' features.
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Apr 22 2010, 21:49

Nathan wrote:
I am glad you like RE, we do try and implement useful features which will help day to day browsing, unlike some browsers which implement 'useless' features.

You're not kidding about the "useless features"! Some just seem to be there for people to play with or make the product seem "advanced" and not to improve the browser's performance - a lot of the new stuff in IE8 just seems pretty useless to me anyway! I tried one called Green Browser which was ok and pretty fast but had this annoying little green square that popped up on every page and was supposed to be "useful" but which I just found very irritating as it would obscure text and you had to click it off every new page you opened (all the stuff the square did you could do from the main menu at the top anyway!)
Lara
Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Fri Apr 23 2010, 12:52

This does sound useful.

I must delay RE even further to implement this feature!
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down