Runecats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Text entry problems when using eBay via Roccat 3.5 -SOLVED-

2 posters

Go down

Text entry problems when using eBay via Roccat 3.5 -SOLVED- Empty Text entry problems when using eBay via Roccat 3.5 -SOLVED-

Post by verdant Fri Jul 05 2013, 11:29

Hi there,

In OS X 10.5.8 on PPC, when replying to an eBay message using Roccat, entered spaces and line returns do not appear to be accepted within the text window after I click in the text box and in 'wiggles' Roccat style (but the box outline does not change colour to blue)......

Also when entering my eBay username and password, the entry box outline disappears and the text that I enter cannot be seen while it is being entered.....

These issues are reproducible on two different PowerMac G5's running OS X 10.5.8 and Roccat v3.5, even after a clean v3.5 install instead of an update to v3.5.

This does not happen with other browsers in OS X 10.5.8 on PPC, nor does it happen in OS X 10.8.4 on Intel.
verdant
verdant

Number of posts : 6
Runecats Reputation : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Text entry problems when using eBay via Roccat 3.5 -SOLVED- Empty Re: Text entry problems when using eBay via Roccat 3.5 -SOLVED-

Post by Support Fri Jul 05 2013, 14:34

Hello,

Did this issue occur in the 3.5 beta? and if you try 3.4 now does it work correctly?
Just to eliminate something eBay changing with their site.

Assuming they are working correctly - can you try disabling AdRemover to ensure that is not effecting it (Roccat>Preferences >On Exit and then change AdRemover to OFF - you will need to restart Roccat for changes to occur.

Let me know what happens in everything discussed so far.

We can't seem to reproduce the problem - can you also let us know which country eBay you are using (we are testing in the US version)
Also let me know which plugins (if any) you have - Clicktoflash, Greasekit  etc… (you don't need to mention flash and things like that)

Kind Regards,
Thomas Langley
- Runecats Support
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5000
Roccat Version : 6.6 BETA
Runecats Explorer Version : 1.8 BETA
Runecats Reputation : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://runecats.com

Back to top Go down

Text entry problems when using eBay via Roccat 3.5 -SOLVED- Empty Re: Text entry problems when using eBay via Roccat 3.5 -SOLVED-

Post by verdant Mon Jul 08 2013, 05:55

I am using eBay.co.uk and the issue that when replying to an eBay message using Roccat, entered spaces and line returns do not appear to be accepted within the text window after I click in the text box and in 'wiggles' Roccat style occurs with 3.4. 3.5Beta and 3.5 BUT on another G5 running OS X 10.5.8 on which I have installed WebKit r134862 for Safari, when replying to an eBay message using Roccat, entered spaces and line returns are accepted within the text window after I click in the text box and it 'wiggles' Roccat style.......
verdant
verdant

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Mon Jul 08 2013, 14:55

Hello verdant,

My name is Lee Smith from the Runecats Support in the UK - I have been assigned to this issue as you are having an issue with a UK site.

From your message I am still unclear whether this issue occurs in version 3.4 or if the problem is only present in 3.5 - could you confirm this please.

I understand the issue is only occurring on one G5 which is odd - we will try installing WebKit r134862 and see if we can recreate this issue, in the mean time please do answer the above question.

Thanks,
Lee Smith (Runecats Support)
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by verdant Mon Jul 08 2013, 15:58

Hi Lee

This issue of not being able to enter text and spaces and line returns occurs on two different PowerMac G5 computers (that do not have WebKit r134862 for Safari installed) for Roccat v3.4, 3.5Beta, and 3.5, but not on my G5 with WebKit r134862 for Safari installed.

Changing AdRemover to OFF appears to solve the issue, whereas with WebKit r134862 for Safari installed, AdRemover is ON yet I can enter text and spaces and line returns......

I hope this helps......
verdant
verdant

Back to top Go down

Post by Support Mon Jul 08 2013, 18:19

It seems to be a conflict with AdRemover and the old version of WebKit - I doubt there will be a workaround or fix for this apart from disabling AdRemover or installing a later WebKit.

I will pass it on to the dev team anyway to confirm.

Regards,
Lee Smith (Runecats Support)
Support
Support
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down